Sunday, March 11, 2007

TOY: GFF #1001 Metal Composite: RX-78-2 Ver.Ka

I had told myself earlier that it is not necessary for me to collection this special edition of Gundam Fix Figuration #1001 Metal Composite: RX-78-2 Ver.Ka. I had thought that it was just a regular GFF with some metal parts. However, after flipping through the latest April issue of Hobby Japan. I changed my mind about getting the Zeonography Triple Star Box Set and put in more cash to get this unique GFF.


GFF #1001 is the first Gundam to be released as Soul of Chogokin (SOC). Even though from the magazine, I can see the obvious seamlines and the weight of the box does not feel too heavy like regular SOC. I believed that Bandai will never disappoint me with their GFF. I was still at the shop contemplating between a discounted, yet slightly more expensive Max Factory's Godannar and this. I chose GFF #1001. The reasons are simple:

  1. Bandai,
  2. Gundam,
  3. GFF,
  4. Ver.Ka (version Katoki Hajime),
  5. SOC and
  6. 1:100!

Here are some preliminary opening ceremony shots of the GFF #1001. I will give a decent photo shoot for it at a later time. Some keep a lookout for it! The figure is indeed a metal composite like the regular SOC, less the chrome parts. The panel lines are not as badly washed as regular GFF. The decals are detailed and sharp. The joints are firm and sturdy. Saliva is also drooling now!

Box shot: Front & Rear
Pulls out a foam box atypical of SOC and includes a color manual


The contents in the foam tray
RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.Ka
Highly-detailed decals and smooth metal composite surface with matt finish

Compatible with standard 1:100 model kit weapons

Strike a pose with MG GM Sniper Custom Ver.Ka (model kit)

MG GM Sniper Custom Ver.Ka shows off the size of the G-Fighter

technorati tags

No comments: